Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Coming Home (from India)

Several things struck me as we re-entered the United States (in New York) after five weeks spent in India:
  • Getting through U.S. customs was much faster and easier than I expected it to be. 
  • The roadways and streets of the U.S. (even New York) are sooo much cleaner and more spacious than those in India! Where are all the people?!
  • I got no break from heat and humidity.....its everywhere in August.
  • I smell like a traveler and desperately need to shower and launder everything I own.
  • I've missed my family and home tremendously.....not even Skype can compare to seeing them face to face again!
  • No matter how hard I think my life may be, I am so blessed. I have so much for which to be thankful, and even "a little" by U.S. standards is "plenty" when compared to the rest of the world.
  • There are less than three weeks before our fall semester begins (mine at SMU as well as my daughters' elementary school in Allen). Not much time to spend together before we jump into a new school year.
I took roughly 3000 photos during my time in India, and after careful editing, saved approx. 1200 images. I have several hundred uploaded in a couple albums on Facebook which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=67693&id=1493536168&l=6effaaef67.

I also uploaded about 100 of my favorite scenic images of the trip to Photobucket, viewable at http://s1045.photobucket.com/albums/b457/4alexandrawatson/India%202010%20Favorite%20Scenic%20Photos/. 

This blog will now turn to entries regarding my 2nd and final year of graduate school, my impending job search, and various other topics of interest to me such as new media, photography, parenting, etc. Please check back often to hear more of my Moments, Musings, and Memories! Thanks so much for reading!

With Love,

Alexandra Watson

Connect with me on LinkedIn, Twiiter, or Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment